Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Countdown

Countdown has begun.....3 days to go.

Going back home after nearly an year and a half. I am too excited to even write this properly. Last night, I was tossing in my bed till early hours of the morning. I was tired, but had this strange feeling of excitement and energy.

I went on a shopping spree, buying some thing or the other for the close ones and friends. I got a helicopter for my 2 1/2 year old nephew. Sorry Sarvesh,couldn't buy a "vimaaaan". Those guys at the toy store did not have a simple aeroplane. They had all kinds of helicopters and combat planes, but could not find a simple white colored Air India plane.

Lots has changed over the past year and half I have been here. When I reach home, things won't be the same either. There will be someone missing - dad. Dad, I really miss you. I still remember the last hug you gave me at the airport. However, I did not realize it would be our final one. I remember your last words to me. "Know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. Whatever you do, believe in yourself and put the effort. Success will come." Dad, you were a man of few words. But, how I long to hear those few words from you. I saw my friends buying shirts and ties for their father. Even I wanted to buy one for you.....

No comments: